Lynn Allie Leedy, 85, died peacefully on February 22, 2023, with her family by her side.
She was born July 14, 1937, in Union City, Indiana, to Francis and Alex Allie. She received a B.A. and master's in communication from the University of Michigan, where she was also a member of the Delta Gamma Sorority. At the UM, Lynn met her beloved Tim Leedy. They married in 1958 and were together 33 years until his death in 1991.
Lynn and Tim lived in Ann Arbor, Michigan; Shaker Heights, Ohio; Irvington, New York; and New Canaan, Connecticut. Throughout her life, Lynn filled many roles professionally and as a volunteer. She loved bringing people together, hosting parties, supporting those in need, and serving the communities she lived in. Lynn, a generous and encouraging mother and grandmother, also enjoyed traveling and learning about different places and cultures.
After Tim died, Lynn moved to Fort Collins, Colorado, and built a mountain home in the Stove Prairie area. In addition, she worked and volunteered for the Fort Collins Symphony and Service League. Another constant in her life was her commitment to the Episcopal Church. Over the years, she was active in different vestries, Sunday school programs, and prayer groups. At St. Luke's in Fort Collins, she was a member of the Order of the Daughters of the King, a group that was very special to her.
A memorial service and reception were held on February 24, 2023, at St. Luke's Episcopal Church in Fort Collins, Colorado. The interment of her ashes will be in New Canaan, next to her husband and mother. She is survived by her daughter Christine (Leo) and grandchildren Edwin and Natalie of Middelburg, the Netherlands; her son Tim Jr. (Robyn) and grandchildren Carson and Ian of Belmont, North Carolina; and her daughter Alex and grandchildren Peyton and Hunter of Fort Collins, Colorado.
The family wants to thank the staff of Pathways Hospice for the exceptional care she received during the last phase of her life. It is possible to dedicate a donation in Lynn’s name to Pathways or to St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.